Conciliation e co-responsibilty
Work-life balance is one of the keys to achieving greater equality between women and men in today's society. The Universidade de Vigo must become a reference for society as a whole, in order to place the "sustainability of life" at the centre of our institution and thus humanise it.
Lactation rooms are a comfortable and private space for exclusive use to breastfeed or express milk in peace and quiet. They are places with ventilation and warm lighting and have suitable furniture and appliances that allow milk to be conserved.
Following WHO recommendations, at the Universidade de Vigo we have this option available for those who choose to breastfeed and need to use this resource on the three university campuses.
Rosalía de Castro Library (entry hall)
Faculty of Fine Arts (first floor)
School of Forestry Engineering (ground floor)
Edificio Filomena Dato (second floor)
CINBIO Olimpia Valencia Building (Module 4, 3.º piso)
Ecimat (Thinking Corner, first floor)
- Positive action to include own teaching, research and transfer calls for proposals
- Reduction of teaching time due to childbirth or adoption, foster care or adoption
- Agreement of the Government Counsil on equality and conciliation measures at the Universidade de Vigo
- Paid pregnancy leave
- Recommendation to apply criteria that favour work-life balance for the teaching and research staff to teaching schedules
- Good practice guide for universities «Teleworking and co-responsible work-life balance in times of COVID-19»
- Rules for the elaboration of the University of Vigo 2020 POD
New models of masculinity and new relationships
A campaign of testimonies from men from the university community on the three campuses to know about their role models for egalitarian masculinity. The result is five videos on Male role models; Other ways of constructing masculinity; Breaking down stereotypes: beyond the "machirulo" (sexist) ?; Why men should be feminists and Masculinity agrees with equality, which are available as an awareness-raising resource.