Attention unit for students with special educational needs (Unaten)
Unaten is a unit tasked with the organization, management and control of university resources, information, and activities for students with special educational needs.
Some of the functions of Unaten are:
- Advise and inform about the resources available at the University of Vigo with the purpose of service to diversity and how to gain access to these.
- Develop and keep a record of students with special educational needs.
- Inform and advise professors and service staff that interact with this group.
- Suggest partnerships with other institutions in order to facilitate the development of joint actions for the service of this group.
- Raise awareness among the university community of the challenges this group faces and ensure that information and communication about the subject is available at the University of Vigo.