Visas, residence permits

Non-E.U. foreign students who plan to study in Spain need a visa. They should apply for one at the Spanish Consulate Office in their own home country. Documents usually required for submission with the visa application form for study, training and research are as follows:

  • Passport
  • Three passport photographs
  • Proof of admission or pre-enrolment at the chosen study centre (which the ORI will send to the student’s home address).
  • Proof of enough financial resources to cover their living and study costs in Spain.

Citizens from those states with which Spain has a valid agreement in place for non requirement of visa, may enter and stay in Spain for 90 days for tourism, personal business or family purposes, or other purposes that do not require prior authorization. However, we highly recommend that you ask the Spanish Diplomatic Mission or Consulate Office in your country of origin or residence, for information, prior to your departure and well in advance, about the entry conditions required to enter Spain and whether you must apply for a visa or not.

For further information:

Study visa for foreigners

Rectoría | University Campus | C.P. 36.310 Vigo (Pontevedra) | Spain | Tlf: +34 986 812 000 |            Accesibility | Site map | Legal Advise