Activities and competitions
We have a complete and wide catalogue to choose from for all members and for people who don’t regularly use the sports facilities.
- Fitness classes: people with a membership or with a one-off booking can enjoy several fitness classes in each campus for free. Fitness express, yoga, personal defence, Pilates, martial arts, crosstraining… you have a wide range to choose from!
- Sports schools: our spirit is to bring the university community closer to several sports that have previously not had available to them. The objective is to introduce healthy sports habits, far from the traditional practices of competitive sports.
- Activities in nature: we organize a wide range of activities in the natural environment, from the Augaventura programme (in an aquatic means) to extreme adventure sports in the Delecer programme.
- Cultural routes: we programme on foot routes throughout Galicia. Hiking, nature and culture, to walk and learn enjoying.
- Internal championships: Each year the University of Vigo organizes a series of internal competitions, individually and in teams, in which everybody from the university community can participate.
- Galician University championships: the three Galician universities organize, within their conjoined activities programme, the Galician University championships that take place every year in February, March and April.
- Spanish University championships: the superior body of Sports conveys the Spanish University Championships in a wide variety of sports categories on an annual basis. Degree students, master’s students or PhD students must integrate the teams of each university.
- International championships: The University of Vigo participates in the Galician-Portuguese Games alongside three other Galician and North-portuguese universities on an annual basis. In addition, our university occasionally participates in the European University Championships (EUC) and in the World University Championships (WUC).
- Federated sport: university community has the chance to practice sports in the federated field, either in some of the University teams or through any of the collaborating entities.
- Collaborating sports centres and entities: since you´re a part of Uvigo, you have a wide variety of different sports centres at your disposal that offer reduced prices and special offers to the university community.
Also, remember that you can obtain an academic recognition by practicing sport at University, and you can validate up to 6 credits ECTS in your record. Check the information of those activities that grant right to validation in the next link: recognition of ECTS credits for University Extension activities.