Besides the available information resources, the University Library offers a series of services and spaces to facilitate the usage of these resources, and also the learning, teaching and researching tasks.
Do you want to make a request to purchase a book or another material for the library or to ask for subscription for a journal or database?
- Teaching and Researching Staff (TRS)
The requests for bibliographical acquisitions by the TRS should be carried out through the application form for the research literature. However, before making a request it should be taken into account that the usage of this application form is restricted to the TRS from the University of Vigo and before making a request it is necessary to consult the Library's online catalogue to avoid duplications.
In relation to the bibliography requests from the budgets of research projects, PhD programs, or the Departments, it should be taken into account: :
- In the requests from research projects, it is essential to indicate the official name of the project and the name of the director or the main researcher.
- In the requests from PhD programs, it is essential to indicate the program's title and the complete name of the coordinator.
- In the requests from the Departments, it is essential to indicate the complete name of the Department.
- Students and Administration and Services Staff
Students and the Administration/Services Staff from the University of Vigo can ask for new acquisitions through the suggestion box of the Library catalogue. In this case, it is necessary to check first if the book is already in one of the University libraries to avoid duplications.
Don't forget to leave your data (mail, telephone number...) if you want to receive information about your request.
Order tracking: on average, it takes from one to three weeks for a book published in Spain to arrive, while it takes from three weeks to two months for a foreign book. In both cases, the delivering time depends on availability, distribution, age, etc. of the requested title. The Library catalogue is the best tool for tracking a book since it is requested. Making use of the different searching methods (title, author, topic, etc.) it is possible to know the book's situation. Another tool to know what books have arrived is the section "Nuevas Adquisiciones (New Acquisitions)", where all the works which entered the University Library in the last month are included.
The Acquisition Section staff is available for any question or explanation about news, suppliers, prices, order status, etc.
We analyse the scientific production of the members from the University of Vigo and we elaborate bibliometric studies and reports. We also advice the research staff about publishing and scientific dissemination.
Contact: Ana B. Martínez Piñeiro | firstname.lastname@example.org | 986 130 236
We offer courses and workshops for you to improve your skills in the access, evaluation, management and usage of information. Our offer covers all the levels: students from undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, teaching and researching staff, and in the in-person, online and blended modes.
Contact: email@example.com | 986 813 843
Self-service photocopying machines and scanners are available to the partial reproduction of works with educational and researching purposes, always respecting the conditions that the Copyright Law establishes.
We offer a selection of resources by topics which will guide you when you are looking for information that you need, as well as guides and tutorials for self-training.
Service to borrow books and other materials from the Library that includes the possibility of booking and renewing them.
- First and second cycle students from UVigo and associated centres: 5 works, 14 days, 2 renewals.
- TRS from UVigo and associated centres, visiting professors: 40 works, for an indefinite period.
- Third cycle students from UVigo and associated centres, people who are preparing their theses, interns or hired researchers: 10 works, 30 days, 5 renewals.
- Administration and Services Staff: 5 works, 14 days, 5 renewals.
- Authorised external staff: 2 works, 7 days, 2 renewals
- UVigo's Government and Management Services: unlimited number of works for a year, renewable.
- Research projects: unlimited number of works, indefinite period, responsibility upon the project's owner.
- Laboratories: manuals, unlimited number of works, indefinite period, responsibility upon the person in charge of the laboratory.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | 986 813 845
The interlibrary loan and document delivery services allow the members of the University community and other authorised people, to get books and documents that are not available in our libraries. Besides, they provide existing documents in the University Library to other libraries and institutions outside the University of Vigo.
Contact: email@example.com | 986 813 844
Online reference manager that facilitates the gathering of information and the automatic creation of citations and bibliographies in the academic projects with a standardised style (APA, MLA, etc.)
Some libraries offer rooms for group work that you can book if you belong to the University community: Experimental Sciences Library (campus of Vigo), Economic and Business Sciences Library (campus of Vigo), Industrial and Mining Engineering Library (campus of Vigo), and Telecommunication Engineering Library (campus of Vigo).
Connect to the Library outside the university and get access to all the services and resources.