Risk prevention and occupational health
As an expression of our concern and commitment to the health and safety of the workers who make up the Universidade deVigo, we work for the prevention, elimination and minimisation at all times of the risks that may exist in the development of their activity.
In order to achieve these objectives, it is essential to observe the working conditions of the staff through the collection and analysis of data on risk and health factors, as well as to have a specialised staff service that ensures the proper performance of these tasks and advises the governing bodies in this area. This specialised team is the Occupational Risk Prevention Service (SPRL).
The COVID-19 pandemic is becoming a global health emergency. At the beginning, we drew up a series of recommendations, manuals, guides and protocols for action to protect you from the risks arising from it.
Taking into account the current situation (29 March 2022), we advise you to follow the recommendations of the competent health administrations and those contained in the following documents:
Prevention policies and plan
The Universidade de Vigo's occupational risk prevention policy is based on meeting the needs and improving the working conditions of the organisation in terms of health and safety, protecting all the people who make up the Universidade de Vigo, complying with current legislation and adopting a commitment to preventive action.
The Occupational Risk Prevention Plan aims to provide an adequate description of the General System for the Prevention of Occupational Risks (SGPRL), to serve as a permanent guide during its implementation and operation. It is the basic reference document, and contains the description of the structure and general functioning of the SGPRL. It is applicable to the activities and work centres that make up the Universidade de Vigo.
If you have just joined the university as a staff member, you will find the information contained in the
Regular medical check-ups. Health Surveillance Campaign 2022
You can make an appointment for your medical check-up via the Cualtis website. Before doing so, you can:
- Consult this short guide explaining the necessary steps.
- Read also these instructions before going to your appointment, to see where you have to go, to know the requirements for the medical examination.
The organisation of training activities on prevention and occupational hazards is carried out by the SPLR. For its management we use the Bubela platform, where you can see all the courses and conferences organised:
FQA on Occupational Risks Prevention
- Initial: After starting work or after the assignment of specific tasks with new health risks.
- Periodic: As required depending on the risks to which the worker is exposed.
- Return to work: After a prolonged absence for health reasons, with the sole objective of identifying any relationship between the causes of the illness and the existing risks at work. Prior: as required by specific regulations.
The staff of the Universidade de Vigo can request an appointment for the periodic medical examination within the period announced on the Notice Portal for each work centre.
You can consult the online guide to request an appointment for the periodic medical examination.
If for any reason you have not been able to request it, you should contact the Prevention Service.
Information on the periods for requesting an appointment at the campuses and centres:
- Ourense Campus
From 09/05/2022 to 16/05/2022
- Pontevedra Campus
From 04/02/2022 to 11/02/2022
- School of Mines and Energy Engineering
From 26/04/2022 to 03/05/2022
- School of Telecommunication Engineering and Workshop of Valadares
From 26/04/2022 to 03/05/2022
- School of Industrial Engineering, Foundry Building and CINTECX (MTI)
From 23/05/2022 to 27/05/2022
- Experimental Sciences Building
From 06/09/2022 to 13/09/2022
- Faculty of Economic and Business Sciences
From 14/03/2022 to 18/03/2022
- Faculty of Legal and Labour Sciences
From 24/01/2022 to 02/02/2022
- Faculty of Philology and Translation and Gardening Unit
From 18/04/2022 to 22/04/2022
- CACTI, CINBIO, CACTI Tower
From 17/10/2022 to 24/10/2022
- Central Library
From 04/03/2022 to 18/03/2022
- Exeria Building, Ernestina Otero Building, Miralles Building, Transport and Distribution Area, Welfare and Health Area.
From 24/01/2022 to 01202/2022
- Filomena Dato Building
From 17/10/2022 to 24/10/2022
- Torrecedeira and ECIMAT Centres
From 01/04/2022 to 07/04/2022
In an emergency, if the accident is serious, go to the nearest health centre. As soon as possible, report the situation to the University Prevention Service by filling in form DRPRL-07-01.
In all other cases:
- Staff covered by the General Social Security Scheme must go to the nearest Fremap Mutual Insurance Company for Occupational Accidents and Occupational Diseases health care centre with their ID card and the covered care application form, which is also available at the centres' concierges' offices.
- Staff who are covered by Muface must go to the hospital that corresponds to them due to their membership of the INSS or to the free medical institution of their choice. To process the accident at work, you should contact the Payroll and Social Security Service so that they can process the Accident at Work Report.
The Universidade de Vigo manages risk prevention through its own prevention service and external prevention service.
The own prevention service advises the University, the working staff, or whoever represents them, and the Health and Safety Committee. This service develops the specialities of ergonomics and applied psychosociology and safety at work.
The external prevention service, which the Universidade de Vigo has contracted with the prevention company Norprevención, completes the preventive activity by developing the specialities of industrial hygiene and occupational medicine.
All workers have the right to:
- Effective occupational health and safety protection. Receive information on existing risks.
- To participate in all matters affecting health and safety at work, through their legal representative, and to be consulted.
- To receive specific training on health and safety at work.
- Specific and regular monitoring of their state of health.
- To be provided with work equipment appropriate to the tasks they must carry out.
- To be provided with the personal protective equipment necessary to carry out their duties.
- Look after their own safety and that of other workers who may be affected by their work.
- Use machines, tools, equipment, etc. properly. Correctly use and maintain the personal protective equipment provided by the University.
- Not to put out of operation and to use correctly the safety devices existing in the means of work.
- To report situations of risk to the health and safety of employees.
- Contribute to the fulfilment of the obligations established by the competent authority.
- To cooperate with the University so that it can guarantee safe working conditions that do not pose risks to the health of workers.