Access to PhDs
To access a doctoral programme under Royal Decree 99/2011 (modified by RD 576/2023), you must meet one of the following requirements:
- In general, for access to an official doctoral programme it will be necessary to be in possession of the official Spanish degree, or equivalent, and a university master's degree, or equivalent, provided that at least 300 ECTS credits have been earned in these two courses.
- Those who are in one of the following cases may also access:
- Be in possession of official Spanish university degrees or equivalent Spanish degrees as long as you have completed at least 300 ECTS credits in all of these courses and have obtained a level 3 of the Spanish Qualifications Framework for Higher Education. The correspondence can be consulted from the MECD website.
- Be in possession of a degree obtained in accordance with foreign educational systems belonging to the European Higher Education Area (EHEA), without the need for its approval, which accredits a level 7 of the European Qualifications Framework provided that said degree allows access to doctoral studies in the country of dispatch thereof. This admission will not imply, in any case, the approval of the previous degree held by the interested party or its recognition for purposes other than that of access to doctoral studies.
- Be in possession of a degree obtained in accordance with foreign educational systems other than the EEES, without the need for its approval, after verification by the university that this accredits a level of training equivalent to that of the official Spanish university Master's degree and that entitles the holder to issue the degree degree for access to doctoral studies. This admission will not imply, in any case, the approval of the previous degree held by the interested party or its recognition for purposes other than that of access to doctoral studies.
- Be in possession of another Doctorate degree.
- Likewise, university graduates who, after obtaining a place in training in the corresponding test for access to specialized health training places, have passed with a positive evaluation at least two years of training in a program to obtain the official title of one of the specialties in Sciences of the health.
Postgraduate Studies Management Service
Edificio Filomena Dato
As Lagoas, Marcosende
+34 986 811 950